Freiburg is one of the most beautiful and attractive cities in Germany. Freiburg is located in the south-western Germany at the western edge of the Black Forest. Due to the wide climatic range, extending from Germany's warmest region in the valley of the river Rhine close to the alpine timberline, the versatile landscape and the picturesque city centre, Freiburg is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Germany. Its history reaches back to the Middle Ages which one becomes very aware of when strolling the small lanes of the old part of the town. Freiburg also offers a wide range of cultural attractions, including theatres, concerts, ballet, modern dance, music festivals, all kinds of museums, and exhibitions.
The conference will be held at the Faculty of Applied Sciences of the Albert-Ludwigs University of Freiburg, Building 101. The faculty, founded in 1994, comprises two large institutes, the Computer Science Department and the Institute of Microsystem Technology.
The address of the conference venue is:
University of Freiburg
Fakultät für Angewandte Wissenschaften
Institut für Informatik
Georges-Koehler-Allee, Gebäude 101
How to Get to the Conference Venue
The conference site is well connected via Freiburg's public traffic system. There are two buses (Bus Nr. 10 and 11) and a metro-train called "Breisgau-S-Bahn" (BSB). A taxi from downtown Freiburg to the conference site is about 10 €.
- Bus Nr. 10: Take the bus in direction "Paduaallee". The Bus starts near the station "Siegesdenkmal" which is close to many hotels. Get off at the stop called "Bärenweg".
- Bus Nr. 11: Take the bus in direction "IKEA". The bus starts at the east side of the main station under the tram bridge that crosses the station. Get off at the stop called "Fakultät für Angewandte Wissenschaften".
- Breisgau-S-Bahn (BSB). The BSB starts from the main station (typically from platform 5) with destination "Breisach" or "Gottenheim". Get off at the stop "Neue Messe / Universität". Please check the timetable since not every train stops at the conference site.
In order to get from the respective Bus/Metro stop to the conference venue, see the annotated arial picture of the conference site.
• Freiburg: Official Homepage
• Tourist Office Freiburg: Homepage
• Tram, Metro, Bus and Nightbus in Freiburg: VAG Homepage
• German Railways: Die Bahn
• Airport Freiburg: EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg
• Bike Rental: Mobile Freiburg (at the main station)